At the Park

This is my life right now...walking EVERYWHERE. To the grocery store, to CVS, to the park, to the hospital to meet Chris for lunch. We live with in walking distance of anything, which is really fun. The park down the street is huge and has a pond that people fish in--Drake keeps his eye on the ducks. I know one day I am going to turn around and he is going to be in the pond!
We are church searching and have a few to visit. Until I make friends :) it seems Hunter, Drake and I will have a LOT of quality time together. Chris is already working long, long hours. Guess I am getting a taste of the joys of residency...
there are so many things I can "fill" my time with that are good, but I know the BEST thing, the most satisfying thing, is choosing to spend more time in the Word.
There is so much I believe God has for me to learn from moving far from friends and family. I do feel very vulnerable and lonesome at times, but I never feel alone--yet another blessing of knowing the Lord.

2 comments:

  1. It's so hard when you first move! How great to be able to walk everywhere. I would love that!! Hope you guys find a great new church home!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Friend! I'm so glad to see you guys have started settling into your new home. I totally hear ya about the moving away thing...it seems friends are harder to make as you get older (or maybe it's just me?), but I can't even tell you how much the Lord has taught both Steve and me as we have been far away from family and friends. I look forward to following your journey this year...and please know that I'm praying for you guys as well...oh, and Grandpa Jim, too...I love to ask him about you guys when I see him in the elevator at work :) He sure misses you (understandably so!).

    ReplyDelete