Sick Charlie




Suctioning Charlie's nose. He was terrified. So was I.

Charlie was very sick this past week. I took him to the pediatrician on Tuesday and they sent me to the ER because Charlie wasn't breathing very well. We went home that night. He was sick all Wednesday. Thursday morning I took him to the pediatrician again and they sent me back to the ER. The nurse who looked at him said "he's a walk back" and the next thing I know there are 3 nurses looking at him. I just thought he was getting great care...they took us to the Critical Unit. Charlie was having to work too hard just to breathe and he was dehydrated from not eating.
Chris was actually in the operating room that morning and I hadn't even been able to tell him I too was at the hospital. A nurse paged him and he came down to meet us.
Charlie tested positive for RSV which turned into Bronciolitis. We stayed the night at the hospital to monitor his breathing. Chris went home to be with Hunter and I was a wreck of a mom at the hospital with my Charlie. The IV made a huge difference with Charlie and his breathing became easier for him. We were able to leave the next morning.
Charlie is still sick and coughing, but I am thankful to be home with him.

During the night at the hospital Charlie didn't sleep very well and was up a lot in the night. He threw up ALL over me two times and cried often...I kept thinking to myself--how is it that this tiny boy can cause so much grief to me and yet there isn't anything but my PURE DELIGHT in him?
So often I wonder how can God love someone like me when everyday my sin causes His heart such grief...

LOVE.

Oh Charlie, thank you for showing me God's love yet again.

1 comment:

  1. This kind of makes me want to cry. Sweet post. Sweet Charlie.

    ReplyDelete